Interested in joining our team? We are looking for a new Executive Director!
PAWS of Grays Harbor
$35,000 – $45,000
Position: PAWS of Grays Harbor, Executive Director
Accountability: Board of Directors
Primary Interface: President of the Board of Directors, and the Board Treasurer for Financial Reports
General Description of the Position:
To direct the administrative, financial, managerial, and supervisory activities necessary to carry out the policies and goals of PAWS of Grays Harbor as outlined by the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Consistent with our policies, the duties of the Executive Directors include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the mission and direction of the organization in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Plan, organize, and direct programs that carry out PAWS goals as established by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the handling, treatment, and care of all animals admitted to the care of PAWS and work in conjunction with the Animal Director which includes the knowledge of animal release and evaluation; ability to administer medication and shots to animals; ability to evaluate potential adopters.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, development, employment, evaluation, and discharge of all employees and volunteers. Knowledge of Employment Law and general employment and hiring practices.
- Create and coordinate annual and long-term fund development plans, including grant writing
- Prepare an annual budget in conjunction with the Board of Directors, operate PAWS within the limits of the total approved budget, and inform the Board of the monthly status of PAWS financial position.
- Control and monitor all purchases and manage other fiscal and property resources as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the liaison between the Board of Directors and the public and between the Board of Directors and other agencies or organizations.
- Establish, implement and direct the operational procedures of PAWS.
- Manage the maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment
- Negotiate contracts and other business matters for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Act for PAWS in designated matters pertaining to bequests, estates, contracts, donations, and other matters of concern.
- Prepare reports and other records as required by the Board of Directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director works under the general guidance of and is only responsible to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director’s primary interface to the Board of Directors for operational concerns is the President of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director may delegate duties as appropriate, but the responsibility for the
accomplishment of all duties remains with the Executive Director.
The work may require irregular hours, including evening and weekend meets, as a normal part of the job.
The Executive Director must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an animal shelter, animal rights, or wildlife rehabilitation center, or a non-profit agency, with preference for two year’s administrative or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in fund development for a nonprofit organization, including annual funds, membership drives, planned giving, grant writing and budget management.
- Experience working with and coordinating multiple tasks using staff and volunteer resources, especially training and accommodating Board members in their membership functions.
- Able to meet with the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner, communicate effectively with all individuals, and be able to objectively evaluate problems and recommend appropriate actions.
- Have a sincere interest in and knowledge of the philosophy of animal rights issues and of animal health care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organizational and financial procedures for nonprofit agencies.
- Possess a creative and dynamic approach to fundraising opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in human resource management, and strong leadership skills.
Please submit: a Letter of Interest and Resume’ that includes a minimum of 3 employment references. Applications are due September 21, 2020. Email application packet to: PAWS Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before employment, the candidate selected must:
Have No history of domestic or animal violence/mistreatment.
Must pass a thorough background investigation.
Must pass a Drivers Abstract